Lecture & Dinner: “Brunelleschi and the Dome of Florence Cathedral” by Rocky Ruggiero, Ph.D.
The dome of Florence cathedral, which was designed and constructed by Filippo Brunelleschi beginning in 1420, spans an octagonal space of nearly 150ft., and is still the largest dome structure in the world today. Inspired by the majestic dome of the Pantheon in Rome, the dome of Florence cathedral stands as a monument to both the Florentine Renaissance and to universal human achievement. What makes it even more amazing is that the technology of the times was not advanced enough to have permitted its realization. Dr. Rocky Ruggiero will be returning to Eataly LA to retell the epic story of the design and construction of one of the greatest engineering marvels in history, the technical aspects that made its realization possible, and the recipes (yes recipes!) that it inspired.
What guests can expect:
- Listen to a lecture on Brunelleschi and the building of the Dome of Florence Cathedral by Rocky Ruggiero, Ph.D., Professor of Art History and founder of Cultural Programs for the Arts (www.rockyruggiero.com)
- Enjoy four-course menu inspired by the lecture’s theme of Florence, Tuscany
- Savor each course with a complementary glass of wine presented by Eataly Sommelier
- Seating is first-come first-served.
- Please note, this is a formal dinner with art history lecture.
- No physical tickets are issued for classes and events. Please present your confirmation email upon arrival for check-in.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- The menu for this dinner is exclusive to the format and concept of the class, therefore, dishes will not be altered for any dietary preference for this format. Please contact us prior to purchasing your tickets to the class, if you have any dietary allergy or restriction concerns regarding the menu. Contact the Scuola Team at [email protected] or (213)-310-8000 ext. 733.
- Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Los Angeles sales tax.
Please register here through the Eataly L.A. website.