Join us for an authentic insider experience of the Palio where participants will:
- View the actual Palio race on August 16, 2024 from an exclusive front-row balcony on the Piazza del Campo!
- Visit and learn about the main art historical and architectural sites of Siena with Rocky
- View the General Trial Race (Prova Generale) on the eve of the Palio from an exclusive venue
- Participate in the blessing of the horse
- Visit the State Archive of Siena and actually touch the original 13th-century documents describing the origins of the race
- Visit the sublime Tuscan countryside around Siena for luncheon and wine tasting
- Luncheon with one of the contrada veterinarians to learn about the extraordinary horses that participate in the race
- Listen to a celebrity Palio jockey recount tales of his past races
- Sit side by side and eat, drink and sing with contradaioli at their outdoor neighborhood dinners.
- Sojourn at the historical and leading-luxury hotel in Siena
ACTIVITY LEVEL: MODERATE
Walking tours may entail uneven terrain (e.g. cobblestones, city hills, stairs without handrails, the absence of elevators); archaeological sites; and some longer walks to get to city centers where coaches are prohibited.