ONLINE ART HISTORY COURSE
This course will explore those artistic masterpieces that serve as milestones of the Italian Renaissance and also in the development of Western art and architecture. Through an in-depth analysis of these works of art and architecture, as well as the historical context in which they were produced, we shall develop an understanding of how specific works of art, and the unique vision of the geniuses that produced them, transcend simple artistic value and become monuments to human achievement.
• To learn to appreciate the rich and influential aspects of Italian Renaissance art and architecture.
• To bring a historical period to life through a “hands on” approach to the monuments and works produced during this specific period known as the Renaissance.
• To develop the fundamental skills of art historical analysis that include formal analysis and iconographic interpretation
• To develop an ability to interact in a personal and intimate manner with works of art and their surroundings
Credits: Certificate of Completion
Examination and assignments:
OPTIONAL FINAL EXAM – The format of the exams will consist in slide identifications with short answer questions, multiple choice questions, term definitions and short essay analyses.
Readings to be provided to students in pdf format prior to beginning of course.
Complete syllabus will be provided upon registration.
- ALL LECTURES WILL BE RECORDED AND AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING AT YOUR CONVENIENCE IN OUR VIDEO LIBRARY FOR THE DURATION OF THE COURSE
- PARTICIPANTS ARE FREE TO ATTEND EITHER CLASS TIME